Friday, September 18, 2009

Two scoops of Avetts

One thing I have noticed about Colorado that I have never experienced anywhere else I have lived is that fall comes much sooner. I'm not saying it is completely here yet, but it is imminent. So what better way to close out an incredible summer than two scoops of The Avett Brothers.

For those of you who don't know, The Avett Brothers are probably the next big thing in music and, by far, the best performers I have ever seen live. There is really no way to truly describe their style.....but I will try. It is kind of a bluegrass meets folk meets rock meets the Beach Boys. I know it sounds strange, just check them out (The Avett Brothers).

Anyways, they put on a free concert in Steamboat Springs where I was accompanied by a good friend of mine from my days in Sooner Nation (Emily). The show was so awesome, I decided to go for round two a couple days later when they played in Denver. Definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment