Friday, September 18, 2009

They don't call it Catchin!

To round out the summer.....Dad came fishin!

Back when I was a studly 7th grader in Coppell, Texas, my dad had a great idea to take me fishing in Colorado and we didn't catch a thing. But, it was one of the greatest trips we had....minus the chilly temperatures and the military rations.

We didn't know how to fly fish then, and we don't know how to fly fish now!

Before he came out, I warned him it was not like bass fishing. I told him we probably weren't going to catch anything because you really have to know a lot. I told him I'm not out here for the fishing, but just to hang out and I'm not paying for a guide. He said ok.

In the back of his mind, he still believed there was chance to catch something........nope, but we had an awesome time trying. See, Pops is a busy dude and it was great to have him out in the Rockies where things are calm. Plus, we had a great time laughing at our fly fishing abilities.

I will say I did catch one fish the entire time. It was fitting too, I fought him for a while, finally got him to shore, reached down to pick him up and he hopped off the hook. So technically, we didn't touch a single fish, but I still count it.

Awesome end to the summer. Bring on football!

No comments:

Post a Comment