Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Iron Horse Classic

A few weekends ago, I ventured down to Durango for the Iron Horse Classic. If you are unfamiliar, the Iron Horse is a Colorado must. Over a thousand cyclists line the streets of Durango prepared to race the train to Silverton. Each year, the ride fills up fast and is very difficult to get a spot. Well....thanks to Chuck "Chucktown Larry" Knotts who lives in Durango, I was awared a spot at no charge the week of the ride.

At 50 miles, we climbed two mountain passes on a great Saturday in the mountains of Colorado. Unfortunately, Chuck has all the cycling pics and can't seem to get the pics from his camera to computer. I wanted to go ahead and post this anyways. So if he ever sends me the pics, I will update accordingly.

Upon the completion of the ride, we set off into the wilderness for a little backwoods adventures. Again, Chuck has most of the pics, but I took a couple and wanted to share. During our time in the Southwest Colorado wilderness, I shared with Chuck the great phenomenon that is a icy river bath. For those who have not had the opportunity, I highly recommend it. The icy waters from the snow melt pierce your soul and leave you breathless. It is incredibly painful at the time, but once out of the water, the alertness you experience amazing. It is truly one of my all time favorite things to do.

While limited I hope you enjoy some of our pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment