Monday, October 19, 2009

Playing For Change

As we all know, hate has become a daily observation in our lives. The wars in the Middle East, drug lords in Mexico and the myriad of troubles in Africa; hate is all around us. Personally, I blame a lot of the perception of hatred on the media, but that is neither here nor there.



Fortunately, with the rise of the tough times comes the rise of leaders who won't stand for such heartache. And I'm not talking about political leaders (don't get me started on this), I'm talking about the ordinary people like you and I who aren't satisfied with the status quo and who do what they can to make a difference in our world.

Two of my favorite things are sports and music. No matter how bad things get, both sports and music bring me peace. I also find a lot of satisfaction in knowing that the only two things that everyone on the planet have in common are sports and music.

Lance Armstrong tweeted a music video today that linked to a Web site called Playing for Change and the following videos are from that site. It is truly remarkable and admirable what these folks are doing. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment