Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crazy Run

So the last four months of my life have been far from calm. I decided to make some serious changes in to pursue things I had only previously talked about. For 5 years, I pondered the day I would deviate from the familiar path and chase an adventurous life of travel, service and experience. But it was only words until February. I took a risk to follow my dreams. However, with most risk and drastic changes, things don't necessarily go according to plan. And since my current life has provided me with such entertainment, I decided it was time to share with others. I want to share because I only think it will continue to make for good stories.

So here is my very brief account of the last four months to get you up to speed:

I left Charlotte and Push America in February, drove to Prescott, Arizona to start a graduate school program in adventure education, spent a few weeks in Colorado before moving to Cleveland to help a friend. As March departed, so did my time in The Cleve (funny video about Cleveland). I drove to North Carolina, spent 10 days in the mountains becoming a certified wilderness first responder, moved back to Charlotte to help out Push America for a few weeks. I then drove back to Prescott for grad school check in, spent a week in Utah and now find myself in Colorado. I have been hired as a part time guide in Summit County and am looking for a place to live and a second job. As convenient as an SUV is, living out of the ole rig is getting old.

So there you have it. I have posted a few pics of my adventures and only plan on posting more as my adventures continue. I hope you enjoy.





4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you Kyle. Follow your heart and everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you didn't cite me as the source of the Cleveland video. Plagarism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. How exciting. Next bike needs to be heavy duty. Dad

    ReplyDelete